In the mean time the kids have really been enjoying their kisses!
This has really turned out to be a great visual for the kids (and myself). It is also a great conversation piece. With us on a daily basis and with any guests we have. We usually get funny looks, and then have to explain why we have this ginormous jar full of hershey kisses. What... doesn't every house with small children have overflowing amounts of sugary chocolate?
A couple months back one of the kids actually said to me, "Mom, there are way too many hershey kisses left still." It was true... there were :( now though, we are putting a nice little dent in it and they have said, "WOW, look at all the chocolate we have eaten!" Now that's what I like to hear.
I see other units that are heading out to begin their deployments (on the news and what not), and I am thankful we are not just beginning. It is a good reflection when I see or hear about these units... to look back and see how far we have come. We are a good ways into ours and in a good routine. It makes me feel pretty good. We are surviving!
"Survive"... that is actually my goal each month that is written at the top of my white board refrigerator calendar. I wrote it there back in September when Daddy first left, that is the one thing I do not erase. The days of each month however, I am more than happy to wipe off each night! That is my other personal "visual"... is it sad that I get so excited to wipe off a day? Most times I can not even wait for one month to be done before I start filling in the next month!
Well, I am glad that this 5th month is a shorter one! In the middle of all this counting down though, I really am trying to live for the moment and enjoy each day with my kids. They are growing way too fast!


Love the picture of all the kids reaching into the candy jar and love ready your blogs. Wow 5 months gone by already; the rest will go by faster than you know and Ryan will be home again. Keep going one day at a time; one kiss a day! xxx ooo
ReplyDelete