Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

2 & 4

We had a birthday party for our littles this past Sunday. First off, I can't believe our boy turned 4 this past week, and our baby girl is going to be 2 on the 27th! I'm so glad I'm big on taking pictures of everything, because time goes way to fast!
We... no, I (Hes not the "event planner" around here... it is ALL me) ;) I decided that we would have one party for both of them, since they are both in the same month and the holidays are fast approaching, there will just be too much going on to have another party later on.
K man being the older one, I let him pick the party theme. he of course chose "Army". So now to make this Army party a little girly too.....
I love making my kids cakes, we used to order the birthday cakes from the same lady that made our unbelievably delicious wedding cake. She also made all our kids christening cakes. They are both beautiful & so tasty! However, $$$$$ they have become SO expensive! SO I started making my own and playing around decorating them, and I love it. I have been doing it for a few years. This summer we went with cupcakes for the big girls birthday party, and cupcakes seemed like a good way to go for this party. Seeing I had to make some boyish and some girly, this would make it a bit easier.
Well this was not going to be an Army themed party with out little green army men on top of the cupcakes! It took me forever to find those tiny little soldiers... but I finally found some ;)
I decided to do green camo for K man, and pink camo for B. The "rough, tough" army theme suits her well, she doesn't let anyone get in her way. Our little Brute ;) So Daddy and I spray painted half of the little green soldiers pink!

Notice the soldiers are strategically placed, all the men facing the proper direction to fight
(that was all Daddy) ;)


My favorite flavor was hands down the chocolate! (same ones I made a week ago actually with the peanut butter filling) YUM! And I decided to make some peanut butter frosting with some left over filling, since it already had some of the color I needed anyways. The vanilla ones have a creamy strawberry filling with a strawberry/vanilla frosting. I had fun with those!
The cupcakes were enjoyed and of course Hoodsies too!



I enjoy watching my kids have a blast at their birthday parties, and I love planning them and making/decorating their cakes/cupcakes. We don't have a ton of room in our house for a lot of people though, so for these fall birthdays it's hard. you never know what the weather is going to be.... I mean look at a week ago... we were all buried under about 2 feet of snow and had no power for a few days... Now it is 65* and sunny and all the snow is pretty much  gone. We lucked out!!! We were able to rent a bounce house and it was warm enough for the kids to go out and play & enjoy it! When everyone was inside though... it felt like a million people. I have a huge appreciation now for places like Bounce U, that cater to kids birthday parties. We had K man's there last year since Daddy had just left for deployment, and I didn't want to go it alone at home. Best thing I ever did!!! SO worth the $$$ for that! I will start a fund now just for the sake of saving my sanity next year... and having the fall birthday celebrations outside of my home. ;)

The littles tore into their presents later in the afternoon, and I'm sorry... I have no idea who got who what!?!?! With a 2 year old who would open one and run off for daddy to open the package, then come back periodically to open another, and a 4 year old ripping the paper off his and tossing the cards aside... not to mention about 15 other children (give or take a few), all sitting on top of one another, pushing and shoving to see what the next gift was going to be.... yep it was hectic! ;) They love every single one of their new toys though, and hollered out their thank you's, that's what counts right!? Oh, and they had a ton of fun!




The party concluded with a bunch of grown men & a few little boys shooting suction darts from a double barrel shot gun, at my kitchen window. Good times ;) All in all, it was nice to see our friends & family, and the kids had a fun day and were exhausted by the end of the day! (Not to mention they were all up earlier because of the time change!) I was exhausted too! Now to go open a savings account for next years out of home event ;)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! We did an Army theme for my son's 4th birthday party too - fun times! The cupcakes look awesome!
    Gotta love this weather now too...while we haven't had snow yet (thank goodness!) we had temps in the 30s and now are back in the high 60s. Supposedly we are supposed to maybe get flurries next week. Oh boy, here comes winter!
    Happy birthday to your little ones!

    ReplyDelete