Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

right, left...up,down!?!?!

I'm not really sure what direction I'm going in today? All of them maybe? Crazy morning.....
Tonight I am going to a Celtic Women Concert http://www.celticwoman.com/the-music/. My In-laws bought me a ticket for my birthday. My mother in-law, 2 sister in-laws, my girlfriend, her mother & I are going. It is going to be a fun night. We are going for appetizers and drinks before the show & possibly a late dinner after. Really looking forward to it.

In the mean time, this house is a ZOO! Of course the big girls have the day off from school, so I am trying to get everything done and get ready to go with all 4 kids running circles around me. (we are leaving at 4:30.... my husband get's home around 4:15) Still have a million things to do and still haven't tried on the new outfit I got (which I probably won't wear... so I'll need to put something else together) .... isn't that how women work??!?! Ha-Ha. So WHY not sit down and blog about it!? Well.... I do need to eat you know... so I'm multi tasking, blogging and eating lunch.... and trying to keep children from climbing up my kitchen stool every two seconds.
Oh well... it might be a birthday present, but I promise I will not go in my birthday suit. I WILL find something to wear!

I FINALLY got a second to get in the shower at 12:45, B napping and the big kids sitting quietly is how I did that. Of course I get in and the quiet ends. The elephants immediately began their stampede through the lower level of the house. I yell in a whisper as quietly/loudly as I can for them to stop. They come in and tell me "MOM.... K said a very, very bad word!!" ... "What did he say?"..... "STUPID" .... "OH for crying out loud go down stairs!!!!"
They did, shutting the bathroom door behind them. About 5 minutes later I notice the bathroom door wide open and my towel in the hall way. Seriously!?! Do we have trolls that like to be naughty with the kids when I'm not looking? SO... I quietly beckon for one of my big girls to come up stairs, put my towel back in the bathroom, shut the door and quietly walk back downstairs. "BOOM,BOOM,BOOM,BOOM!"
Apparently that translates into "run as loudly as you can and wake the baby in the process!!" Thankfully baby slept thru it. She was very tired from her busy morning... started off for her with a timeout. The other day i watched my friend little guy, so I had our pack n' play set up in my bedroom for him to nap. I decided to use it for her timeout since it was still up. (I used to do that with the big girls when they were her age) Well, I didn't consider the fact that she was no longer in a crib because she climbed out... but then again, I also thought it might be harder for her to climb out of the pack n' play. Guess not.... I went back in to find her sitting in the rocking chair, jammies half off, applying daddies deodorant to her belly. Good grief! 

Decided since my big kids ate their lunch I would give them some nutty buddy ice cream bars (you know the nestle cones with hard chocolate shells and little nuts all over them...yum) I took the liberty of taking the first bite of each... to help them get through the hard shell of course. I am only trying to make life easier for them!

SO here I am blogging...... lunch is gone.... I need to figure out the outfit situation for tonight and get that laundry done! 

Is it 4:30 yet!?!?!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I have always wanted to see a Celtic Women concert! I hope you enjoyed it and I can't wait to hear about it :)

    ReplyDelete