Picture it.... 7pm rain is on the way and I have a HUGE gaping hole in the back of my house. The back door was a double french door and basically made up the back wall of the kitchen. Thankfully Lowes happened to have a door that was in a decent budget for us and that would fit. So thankful for that! So by around 11pm that night.... the hole was closed up. PHEW! (OH... and P.S.... this all took place the night before Easter.... AND the local newspaper wanted to do a story on "Veterans returning to daily life" and decided to call my husband who so graciously invited them to our home in the middle of this to talk to him & take pictures....SWEET!)
Old door
Gaping hole
new door
Installed YEA!
And so the house upgrades continue.... trim went up around the inside and outside of the door. The floor inside still needs to be replaced, at the moment is is just plywood... but first things first. We needed to get to work on the deck we were putting on. This needed to get started because we were literally tossing the kids out the back door to go play in the back yard. (Yes tossing... because it was about 5 steps down before we took the back stairs off to put the new door in)
The deck is now almost complete. It was put on hold because of A.T. (Annual Training for the National Guard) It is coming along very nice though. I have to hand it to my man... he is pretty crafty ;) It's a little further along than this pic. and there are some stairs (the old ones) rigged up on the other side until he gets back and can build the new ones.
Of course who can stop at those things... taking out the old windows and putting new ones in inspired me to re-paint our playroom/laundry room. I guess I was inspired because I have been wanting to do it, and since the old windows were real wood and the trim was never painted, we needed to paint that at least to match the new white windows. So why stop at trim? I painted the room a pretty blue to brighten it up and am now on the look out for some nice window treatments. I have what I want in mind... it's a matter of finding it in my budget ;)
However this is on hold too.... mostly because with him away at A.T. i don't have many free minutes. Not that I had a ton with him here doing all the other work.... but it somehow seemed like I did. Well... I also have to wait to purchase the storage shelf I want for in there and I haven't made it to Lowes again to get the chalk board paint. Yes I'm painting a chalk board onto one of the walls for the kids. Here are a few before pics.....(well before the walls got painted, but after some of the trim was done)
Nice new windows!
THIS is why I need to purchase that storage shelf I mentioned!!!
Although it is "on hold", it is painted and looks much better! I painted the wooden shelf I had on the wall too and then did my best at the "distressed" look. I like it. You can't really see that in the picture though....
SO now for some windows coverings and the chalk board paint... and yes the storage shelf. Notice I didn't put a picture of that view... it's scary! ;) I will have to update later when it's complete. For now it was it is, and it's a work in progress. Everything is coming along, and soon we will have a completed back deck, new floor and freshly done laundry/playroom. Thats when we move on to the next projects! Right!?!?! ;)









It all looks great! The new back door is wonderful and I love the paint color! I hope things are going ok for you with Ryan away at AT. I know how crazy that time is :) Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete