Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

second graders!!!


Where on Earth did the past 7 years go!?!?! I woke up this morning, and my tiny babies were big girls and so excited to go to their first day of 2nd grade!!! It blows my mind really. There were no nerves what so ever! Which also caught me off guard. It was both a relief and sad all at the same time. The past three years (counting pre-school) my girls have been so shy and very clingy when it came to being away from me and having to separate on that first day, or first few days. However this morning there were no jitters, and none for the past few days... nothing but excitement. They couldn't wait to get dressed this morning in the new outfits they picked out. They couldn't wait to put their lunch boxes into their back packs... even brush their teeth! They were ready to go 30 minutes before we had to leave the house! :)

They asked me to walk them in today, then they informed we can start the front door drop off routine tomorrow. I was hesitant because I thought it might cause them to become nervous... boy was I wrong! I agreed to it, and we walked in, stopping to take the above picture :) The classes were filing out of the cafeteria and headed for their rooms, so I stood with them and waited for their class to walk by. Their teacher spotted them (she met them at the end of last yr. at their annual "step-up" day) So she had them hop into line with them. That was that.... off they went, without looking back!!! **tear**

                                ~E~                                                              ~I~

~My Crazy Crew~
 Some serious, some silly & some with the sun in their eyes


I am SO proud of my little, big girls! They have grown up so much (which is totally bittersweet) I always say, I love every new stage and age... yet I miss and cherish the ones past! They grow up way too fast. Mr. McMuggins  will start pre-school next week!! Miss a will have her first ballet class the same day! I love my crazy crew immeasurable amounts! 
                                           



2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful girls! Isn't is amazing how quickly they grow up? Bittersweet, you're right. And as much as we love that they are independent and run off happily to their classes, it tugs at your heart as it just shows how much they are growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is bitter sweet! sigh, sniff. ; )

    ReplyDelete