Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

survived...

yep...behind (again) yada-yada-yada.... story of my life in this blog world lately. Summer has proved to be quite hectic!
As you know from my previous posts.. Ryan went through SERE school, and we were all trying to survive it. Well we did. It was rough, I won't lie. I knew it was a very hard course for him, and I knew what it was all about...there were nights I felt sick to my stomach and didn't sleep a bit, knowing what he was going through..."knowing".  It was quite the process and I can honestly say I am so glad that is behind us and we don't have to do it again. I am also glad these courses where he has to stay away for weeks at a time with no communication, are now behind us and we are onto Primary Flight School. Yes schedules will be all over the place, but he will be coming home...he will also have every weekend off. More than what we had back at home, with crazy work schedules...working normal shifts, then night shifts and over time. Also going to a class every Saturday morning over an hour from home, as part of his apprenticeship for his job... then add in weekend drills one weekend a month and all kinds of different classes and training for his army job on top of his annual training.... to say life was crazy is an understatement! So as much as some people say this processes is hard... I'm happy we have more family time than we have had in a while!

So it poured the day of SERE homecoming. We were looking forward to a sunny happy day, setting up our goody bags for the soldiers and enjoying our morning awaiting their arrival. We still enjoyed every bit of it, and we managed to set the goody bags in the back of my car and get them handed out. Then it was the perfect day to come home and cuddle up all together and relax... and enjoy a nice dinner as a family!








1 comment:

  1. Yay! That is a really tough course :) Glad you guys had such a great homecoming day!

    ReplyDelete