The past few days have been full of first for us...
The kids had their first day of school on Tuesday. I know... crazy right, it's only the beginning of August! YEP, August 6th was the first day! I get it though, we got out a little earlier, and the holiday breaks are longer, not to mention every wed. is an early release day. (Not 1/2 day... but a little earlier than the other days) so it does make sense. It is still hard to wrap my head around packing school lunches already though!
The girls first day of 3rd grade, seriously.. 3rd grade! They are getting so grown up, they don't even hesitate anymore when heading off to school like they did the first few years. It makes it easier, but it's also a bit sad.
Our little man is in Kindergarten!!! ALL day!!!!! Holy moly! The thought of all day kindergarten used to scare me more than it does now... I think mostly because before he was only going to preschool 2 days a week and half a day. Then we moved here and preschool was everyday, still half day... but 5 days, AND he took the bus! He is also older than the girls were at this point since his birthday is in Nov. and they are July.. he has almost a year on them as far as when they were in kindergarten. He is SOO ready for all day, and he is eating it up. Man packing a lunch is way cool!! ;) He loves it. I was used to sending him off on the bus, so that part was ok, but I did get teary thinking he would be going all day like the big girls. Ahhhhh my babies need to stop growing!
Everyone asks me if Bryn is going to preschool. Of course there are days I wish she was! ;) But in reality, she is my baby and im going to let her be my baby for another year.. I am not going to rush her off. She will go to preschool next year when she is 4 going on 5, because she too has a Nov. birthday. For now we will enjoy our time. I will also enjoy not having to pick up a child or meet a bus in the middle of the day for the first time in 3 years! No first for that one yet... or we could say it's her first year having mommy to her self all day while the kids are in school ;)
But the kids aren't the only ones who had firsts! Daddy did too... he had his first check ride, which he passed! :) It is basically a test in flight to make sure you know your stuff. (yeah that sums it up) The next day...(today)..he had his first solo flight!! That was nerve wracking!! Him? yeah he was probably nervous.... but Im talking about me! I knew he would do fine, he is good at what he is doing and knows his stuff, when he does something he gives it 110% with no holding back...he had this! However, that doesn't mean I didn't hold my breath until I got that text from him... the one that read "Solo completed and I'm alive" HAHA yup! :) he did great, and so did his stick buddy, Thankfully!!!
This week of first has been busy, and also full of thinking.... I'm just glad it's almost over and we will be relaxing in the warm Gulf waters again! In the words of Bryn..."FOOF!" that's done, let's go to the beach!




No comments:
Post a Comment