So as I’m sitting here getting my hair done, which is a rarity in itself lately, I’m getting a million (ok maybe a dozen, but it feels like a million) FaceTime calls, and texts, and phone calls, from my kids. Because God forbid they have to hang out at home for awhile!
I message some friends, and one says, “you should blog”, haha guess what, I have a blog, I just haven’t done anything with it in Forever! So hi! Here I am, sitting under a hair dryer, blogging.
How soon will this happen again, wellllll.... I have 4 kids (2 are teenagers now!!), a dog, a husband, I work part time out of the house, it’s summer.... so MAYBE, I’ll have time, maybe? Haha!
So my kids FaceTime calls to me as I’m sitting here attempting to enjoy getting my hair done... “MOM, B’s trying to dye her lips with food coloring and Elmer’s glue!!!!” 🤦♀️ “Ummmmm what!?” Yeah... people, I shit you not, this is my life! I love my darling children, so damn much, but for the love! Dying her lips with Elmer’s Glue and food color!???!! “Well, it’s non toxic, maybe she’ll glue her lips shut and not yell at you while I’m gone, gotta go...” There is a fine line between having two teens capable of babysitting the younger two, and having two teens who can't stand babysitting their own siblings... good and bad I guess?
Meanwhile, I’m really hoping my counter top isn’t dyed red!
“MOM!!! It’s not fair there were only 2 ice cream sandwiches left, E ate an entire one without sharing, K and B split one... and I got none!!!” “I’m getting my hair done, what would you like me to do right now?” “it’s NOT FAIIRRRR!!” “Life’s not fair dear, be the one good kid who didn’t eat ice cream before 10am! Gotta go, love ya!”
I never know what I am going to come home to these days!
Life’s been a crazy whirlwind lately. The past few weeks we have been dealing with A lot! Drs, insurance, Children’s Hospitals... that’s for another post someday... it’s just been crazy!
This past winter some girlfriends and I planned a moms trip. I can not freaking wait! It’s needed!!!! I felt guilty recently for booking this trip, with everything going on. However when we booked, we didn’t know what would be going on now. We can’t tell the future. So much guilt set it! I’ve been reassured though, it’s needed, I need this moms trip for my sanity! Not to mention it was paid for over the winter, plus we scored a sweet deal... so...... let’s do this! I.Can’t.Wait!!!!!!!!
Who knows what I’ll come home to!? Ha! I have faith my husbands got this and my counters won’t be dyed red and no ones lips will be Elmer’s glued shut! I’m also thankful for a great Mom and Mother in law who are helping me out when my husband has to work... thanks for making this possible, because I’m so ready and I need it!

No comments:
Post a Comment