I was not about to take all 4 kids out to the store, so I improvised. I added a little extra flour and used baking powder instead.
I'm pretty sure my help ate more dough then we actually cooked! Their idea of helping me bake cookies is standing at my feet asking over and over "can I have a lick yet?" Oh, and of course "Can I have a hand full of choc. chips PA-LEASE!!!!!"
the taste testers
Then comes the hard part...... the waiting! That oh so long 10 minutes in the oven. They just can't stand the suspense. We like to put a movie on in the other room after the initial mixing of the ingredients. That way when those fresh, warm cookies come out, the kids can plop them selves on the couch with 2 or 3 and enjoy the show with their tasty treat.
the timer
The cookies came out just fine... you would never know I had to do a quick fix on the ingredients at the last minute. I like to make mine a little on the smaller side. That way when the kids aren't satisfied with 3 cookies and are begging for number 4, it isn't so bad. Not to mention when I indulge in a few (or more) myself after they go to bed at night! ;)



Sounds like a good day baking the cookies; you have to fill us in on the story of Kale peeing your bed. Oh man that must have been a rough night and having to clean it at 3am :( I love the picture of the girls with the bowl & batter and that picture of Kale looking into the oven is priceless.
ReplyDelete