Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Time well spent....

Well, here we are trying to get back into a routine. We brought daddy to the airport bright and early Saturday morning (yesterday). We were all out of the house, and on our way to Manchester Airport by 5:45. Which made a tough day feel very long.


The past 15 days were absolutely perfect. It was like living in a dream really, kind of like being in a fantasy world where you don't worry about the check book or the time. You just go with the flow and have fun, and enjoy every single second you have together. 


We went on adventures together, from the ocean to the mountains, the country to the city & anywhere in between we felt like going... we just went! We swam, we hiked, we ate and we played.


The girls both lost their first tooth while daddy was home. Which was very exciting for all of us really as we tried to wiggle them out daily. E was first, while up north enjoying some m&m ice cream at Friendly's. The tooth fairy actually came to our hotel! I's took a little longer, we almost thought daddy would miss hers, but with the help of a little fun  family wrestle time & a light head-but... there it was! The night before daddy had to leave.
(E)

(I)

So... did it go by too fast? Vacations always do and like I said, this time was like a fantasy... a vacation from reality really. The first week actually didn't feel like it was going by too fast. We didn't think about the time ending, we were living in the moment. It felt just right. The beginning of the second week was kind of the same feeling. I mean we knew in our heads that 1 week was already done, but we still had another and the first was great.... and there was still more fun to be had. 

He and I were able to spend most of the day Sunday (May 1st), just the two of us. His parent's watched the kids and we left the house around 12:30pm and didn't come home until sometime around 11:30pm. We were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary, which was actually May 3, but we had more alone time on Sunday to actually get out.
We enjoyed a delicious dinner on "Lovers Lane" @ The Melting Pot in Bedford MA. They call it lovers lane because the tables are tucked away with only a little opening for you to get in and out and the waitress to come and mix your fondue and take your order. It was perfect & fun. After that we headed into Boston, just walked around and held hands. (AWWWWW) ;) 
We stopped in at a pub and of course hit up Bova's Pastries! Had to show him how good it is and he is of course hooked now. He could not get enough of the lobster tails we brought home. 
It was just a really great night together!

We had some family time in the backyard. The kids "helped" Daddy mow the lawn....


Then they rolled around in the freshly mowed grass, turning themselves green....

And E & I took turns taking pictures of mommy & daddy...


I guess it really hit me that this wasn't "reality" and this time was going to come to an end, on Thursday morning. Actually while I was showering. Yes that's when I sit and think... maybe sometimes too much! I could hear them all playing on the other side of the bathroom door and at first I was thinking. "Ahh this is so nice, I have been able to shower with no little people running in, ripping open the shower curtain and yelling" 
...... Then in the next moment I thought... *GULP*..."This is it, it's coming to an end, in a couple days I won't be listening to Daddy and our kids playing together, because he does have to go back"
Yes, he will be back again and this time sooner rather than later. It is just hard to focus on that right now where he just left. Yes, this is our life and we know that.... it doesn't make it any easier. The only thing that does, is knowing that it WILL be over soon. We just have to try to keep telling ourselves that and focus. HA focus I say.... easier said then done at the moment. 
Soon we will be back into the swing of this though and we will get busy again and before we know it... like I said in a past post, All the chocolate kisses will be Gone!

Bedtime stories the night before daddy left


No comments:

Post a Comment