Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A typical day for me consists of wild, crazy energy all around. I wish I had half the energy these kids do. We wake up and immediately get going 100mph. One wants this for breakfast, one wants that... one wanted this but now wants that. One would rather throw her breakfast on the floor. Yes this does drive me absolutely nuts most days, but I'm working on a new goal... Patience! ;) I feel I've lost a lot of mine lately. If anyone has any to spare you know where to send it.

I absolutely love my kids and wouldn't change this craziness for the world... But every now and then, I just want to wake up in the morning quietly and slowly. Other than the usual... **POKE**POKE** "MOM!!" or **SMACK**SMACK** (Insert baby WAIL here). They are happy when they wake up, but they are up so fast and going... WOAH guys... slow down and hold your horses! Mom needs to rub her eyes and remember where she is before I can jump right into changing diapers, wiping bums and filling cereal bowls.

Then onto.... Oh my gosh, it's what time!? Where are your clothes?? Brush your teeth! NOOOO not with his tooth brush, use your own! Go potty, pick out a snack, put it in your back pack and meet me in the bathroom to get your hair brushed. OK... now everybody got your shoes on? Missa??? where's B?  "she's on the table again mom" uggggg. B!!!!!
Into the car where one of my girls says "Ummm Mom, you forgot to get dressed" and starts laughing hysterically! Now first, I never thought the day would come where my child says that to me, and second when did she start caring?? OK, well thankfully, she doesn't actually "care" yet, she was just pointing out the facts. I will have you know though... I was NOT wearing my pajamas! I did take a moment to change, it just happened to be into sweat pants and a sweat shirt. Easy and comfortable until I get a chance to take a shower (hopefully while Missa is napping).

Sometimes we use the 2 1/2 hrs in the morning while the girls are at school, to run errands. A quick Grocery run, a Doctors appt. ( I used to use this time to shower real quick, but Missa no longer naps in the A.M. so I can't or she would be hanging from the rafters! )

Before we know it, we are back at school waiting in the pick up line. The girls jump in, we head home.... and it's lunch time. This is usually an easier meal, lately they love smoothies, so we just throw some fruit, yogurt, juice/milk into the blender and they are good. The other day I even threw in some fresh spinach! I told them it was our "top secret ingredient" to add some pretty color specks ;) They totally bought it, and they loved the smoothies too. Score for mom!

If we have no afternoon plans, we get home work done, and the kids play (or fight) you know whatever they may be in the mood for. Homework... man you would think this would be simple right!? Kindergarten... come on, it's 1 page and it's not every day. Each girl does theirs one at a time, so I can help them both. Sometimes they have no problem, other times they have a more difficult time which requires more (here's that key word...) PATIENCE! We try, it's hard with three others running around and sometimes even over us. We manage though ;)

Out the back door (well, at least thats what we used to do before the rain set in for 40 days and 40 nights!) I think the sun might come back though...... I hope it sticks around!
Some days they play so great back there, just them or with their little friend from next door.. other days it's *BANG*BANG*BANG on the back door every two seconds... "he did, she did... he said, she said" and "I'm SOO hungry" but it's way more dramatic, it's pathetic even, as if they have never eaten before... but if you look between our back steps and the neighbors, you would know by the trail of wrappers, they are FAR from starving!

Then the muddy, bug bite covered children come in for baths and dinner. They love bubble baths, so most times this isn't too bad... it's keeping B from climbing things while I'm bathing them that is the hard part. Like I said above though... we manage.

Dinner sometimes gets eaten and sometimes doesn't. Usually I have to ask them to sit down over and over or just stop talking for two seconds and chew and swallow... but oh well, for the most part, they get in them what I want them too (for the most part). Or they are just "Sooooo not hungry" or "My belly hurts.... can I have a cookie" ;) oh kids!

Seriously, not everyday is chaos. Wait no, let me re-phrase that, not everyday is "Bad" chaos. It can be good and fun... we do mix it up. we have a good time. We just need to work on our listening and patience skills (all of us)

I could go on to tell you about our bed time routine... but then you would really think we are nuts!
I hope this post doesn't come off as negative, because it isn't ment to be. We all have craziness in our lives and this is ours. The patience is lacking because we are ready for daddy to be home and us to be complete again.... I know we have some time left before that happens, in the mean time it gets a little out control sometimes.

Love my life really even if sometimes in my head I think "WHY???" I really do love it, and we are so blessed! I also love bedtime ;) so when you ask.. "what time do your kids go to bed?" and I say "by 7:30" ... Don't act shocked or surprised... mom needs time to just sit and listen to the quiet sometimes!

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment