Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Honey, are you Home yet??

About two weeks ago some people got a little confused. I was getting private messages in my facebook account, telling me how happy everyone was that we were all back together. Had to clear that one up fast... because however awesome that would have been, it wasn't so. He is back in the states which is great, it is also a great tease! SO close, yet SO far. I am grateful for the relief that this is coming to a close and we are that much closer though.
Slowly his trunks have arrived on my doorstep which makes us feel giddy about this all being over with.

It has been absolutely crazy around here lately. We have all had about enough and are SO ready to just get back to life the way it should be. It just feels like one thing after another the past few days.
It is not just the kids, it is everything.... but it does end up coming down to the kids going to bed not a minute too late. Sometimes I just want to let them stay up and run.... other days (like the past week or so) I NEED that bed time, and it can not come soon enough. It is the time when I get to re-locate my sanity and gather my thoughts back up without blowing steam out of my head.

I had a "bucket list" for this deployment, and honestly I have checked off most of what I wanted to get done. I seem to have come to a giant boulder in the road though. Seeing the t.v. stand I bought for the nice new flat screen I bought him for his birthday (Yes he reads this, and yes he knows)... is cracked. I opened the box to put it together so I could finally get the new t.v. all set up, only to find that one of the main pieces is cracked right in half. SO, now it is all back in the box and the box is duct taped, and it sits in my bedroom. It is no easy task these days to accomplish anything I tell you! This box is HEAVY... too heavy for even two men to carry. So now I wait.... again.
My father in-law is going to try to get a dolly from work to get it back out to the car. Hopefully he will be able to soon, it will be nice to get this silly thing exchanged and finally get it all set up.

I'm not going to bore you with a list of things driving me crazy... or should I say, driving us crazy. Somethings are just not to be shared with the world. There are plenty of positives too..... like that picture I posted above... those trunks! A step in the right direction.

The hershey kisses are dwindling. HA another little story.... the hershey kisses are no longer in a pretty glass jar showing us just how much progress we have made. Nope, little Missa decided one day that daddy had been gone long enough. She was going to take care of this problem (there being too many kisses left.....) SO she pushed that big glass jar down off the table it was on and.... SMASH.  No more jar. :(  Thankfully she didn't move and walk on any of it! No babies or kisses were harmed in this little act of rage. The kisses now sit in a large ziplock bag up high out of Missa's reach! I did go over on my kiss count too. One never knows how long a deployment will actually last, so I went with the Max number of days on the active duty orders. We might have to pick up the pace and eat 2 kisses a day.. which wouldn't be a bad thing no matter how you look at it! :)

2 comments:

  1. that little one is a wrecking ball....love it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so close to him home! How awesome! And I love the pictures of your kiddos in their calm state - so a rare occurance around my house too! My son also always has some little stuffed critter with him - cute! You guys are almost through the tough days - keep strong in these last few!

    ReplyDelete