Day by day we each enjoyed our kiss from daddy in the form of chocolate. It was hard to only have one some days... partly because it just felt wrong to only eat one piece of chocolate, and partly because we just wanted to get to the bottom of that jar as fast as we could.
This idea was shared with me by my aunt. My uncle was in the military and this is what they did... it is an awesome visual for the kids, to see the progress they were making day by day, week by week, and month by month. They noticed when we were 1/2 way there and would mention how much lower the kisses were getting in that jar.
Some days this year were tougher and longer than others. Even though it felt sometimes like time was standing still...slowly but surely the sweet kisses dwindled away. We were doing it... we were surviving, and we could make it all the way.
As we neared the end of this journey, the kids would point out the progress on that jar more often, and ask "how much longer?" and say "look they are getting lower mom!" They got even more excited to wake up and eat that hershey kiss and then do a countdown together and chant to each other how many were left, and how many more days. Most kids would be disappointed that their chocolate supply was getting low. Not these kids... they got happier and happier! It was so fun to watch the excitement on their faces as the kisses got less and less..... UNTIL.......
There were NONE!
Tomorrow, they get the real deal! No more Kisses in the form of chocolate, nope... Kisses in the form of DADDY!!!!
1 Timothy 1:16 But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.




Yeah!!! I am so excited for you and your kids! How wonderful! You've made it and now get to have your family back together! Congrats and enjoy your family!!! :)
ReplyDeleteGaahh I am really trying hard not to cry right here at my work-desk. I guess all I can say is CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU. That's about the only two words I can sum up without crying.
ReplyDeleteOh, who am I kidding... just wiped some tears off my cheek.
Jenn