Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blizzard in October

It is absolutely snowing like crazy out there... we are up to about 12 inches and it's only been about 5 hours... NUTS! We are going to be pulling our trick-or-treaters in sleds instead of wagons. I can't help but laugh a little, I mean I don't mind snow really...REALLY I don't. However it is very early for snow like this! The inch or two that we got on Friday, and was pretty much gone the next day... that was ok. Nice crisp fall weather would have been nice for a few more weeks.
I thought to myself as he went out to shovel..... It is just making up for all the snow he missed last year. Then I got pictures of him shoveling, just because he didn't have to do any of it last year ;)
The kids have been loving it, out playing in it tonight. They were so excited, it was cute!
As I ran around all day doing laundry and getting it all done, running the dishwasher so that was done, cleaning up whatever I could while I could. I definitely managed to make some killer chocolate mousse cupcakes with a creamy peanut butter filling and chocolate/peanut butter mousse frosting. I had been wanting to play around with some for awhile and today seemed like a good day, but I just had to make sure I finished before the power went out.
So far so good there.... it has flickered quiet a few times and I hold my breath each time! The last mission of the night was to get the kids tucked in and hope they would fall asleep before we loose power so they wouldn't notice when their nightlights go out. Phew... they fell asleep pretty quick after that evening play in the snow ;)
So it's quiet now.. He in the other room is watching a movie on the other laptop, and me here in the living room, I'm watching tv that is constantly being interrupted by storm watch updates, and has threatened to just go completely black a few times. So I decided what better to do than to blog about the crazy snow while enjoying a delicious cupcake and large glass of milk. (Yes I had 2, don't judge me!)
Well, the heat is cranked in anticipation of the "impending doom". I'm going to go take a peek outside and see where we are at now. Here's to hopefully staying warm tonight!




1 comment:

  1. Ok, first of all, I need that recipe!! They look so incredibly yummy! I'm not sure I could get them to look that perfect though!

    The snow on the other hand, does not look so good! 12 inches?! I am not looking forward to the snow this year, for the simple fact that I will be the one doing the shoveling...uggh! You have such a good attitude about the early snow though! I hope you guys stay warm and don't lose power! Good time for snuggling! :)

    ReplyDelete