There are a few that I really look forward to reading, I always look for their updates. One morning in July I was sitting at the computer and opened up to one of my favorites, the title was "Three Knocks at the door"... my jaw hit the floor and I began tearing up before I even read it. I don't know how many blogs you follow, but when you read every post and follow certain ones all the time... you almost feel as if you know these families. This poor woman's husband was a marine and was killed in action. She has continued to blog, and even though she doesn't feel like she is strong, she has absolutely amazed me! I know her husband would be proud and want her to laugh and enjoy life.
Yesterday I opened up her blog to read her most recent update, it was titled "I need your help". She has three children, her oldest daughter is not TJ's (her husband's) biological daughter. However they had been going through adoption processes for quite some time, and were in the final stages. He always considered her his, as did everyone around them. He raised her as his own. She is having a hard time finalizing the adoption now. Please read her story through this link to her blog http://thedudleyfamily.wordpress.com/ please also go to the petition site through a link in her blog and sign for her. She needs all the help and prayers she can get to make her late husbands greatest dream a reality!
Such a tragic loss, such a sweet family. I will continue to follow her blog as I have for a while now, she is an inspiration. No one ever wishes to have their life torn right out of their heart. In just moments your world can be turned upside down. I pray for strength for her to continue being a great mom to those kids and always remind them how much their daddy loved them.
For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever.
though he brings grief, he also shows compassion
according to the greatness of his unfailing love.
lamentations 3:22-26 31-32
I LOVE that you posted about this! I put it up on my Facebook wall yesterday too, hoping to spread the word. This family amazes me with their strength, it is my greatest prayers that this "wish" happens for them! I felt the same way in July when I read her "Three Knocks" post, I didn't even have to read the article before I started to tear up.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you totally about connecting with other spouses through blogging. Especially being a Guard family like yours, this has been about the only way I have made it this far through the deployment and remained sane! I always look forward to reading my favorite blogs - yours included!
I was more than happy to post this! So glad you enjoy my blog... I always look forward to reading your as well ;)
ReplyDelete~Sara