I have said it before... Blogging is like a journal for me, one that I want to share with others and also get feed back on. I love to read all the comments I get & hear what others think, and also how they relate or what their own stories/traditions may be.
I have a few blogs I follow & always watch for their new blog posts, and I get so excited to read it and get my update on them. One in particular has become a favorite of mine. ("The New Normal") It is a personal blog like my own. I would say it is similar in the sense that it is almost used like a "sharing journal" the way I use mine. The blogger herself is a mom and army wife. They too are a national guard family. I have followed them through their deployment journey, and she has followed ours. Their deployment was a few months off from ours... Her husband has just returned home safely & I am SOOO happy for them. Reading her latest blogs on the homecoming events brought me back a few months to ours. Actually made me teary! I feel like we have become "friends" through our blogs... it is nice to find people out there who you don't know personally, but can relate to in so many ways and share stories and feelings with. Especially when it comes to the national guard, where we don't live on base and are in a way "disconnected" .
She is actually giving me the opportunity to be a guest blogger on her site. It's a good way for both of us to share with even more bloggers out there... or even those who don't blog themselves, but enjoy following/reading them. They have had a very exciting few weeks with all their homecoming Awesomeness! (yes, I said Awesomeness) ;) She wants to keep her blog updated and thought having a guest blogger, would be a good way to do so.... while she enjoys some very deserved family time!
My post will be featured on her blog today, when it is up and running I will post a link to her blog to share. I hope you enjoy catching up with me on her blog and also learning a bit about another blogger.
(Great minds think alike... she actually linked up her blog & mine as I was posting this... so here is the link to her site to check out my guest blog, and while your at it check out some of her other posts as well. I have found them to be very inspiring and uplifting... And I can't wait to hear all about life with their soldier back home again!)
http://thelongyearahead.blogspot.com/
Enjoy!
So thrilled to share your blog post today! I love it! Thank you again for filling in for me :) We are having a great day decorating our Christmas tree and spending time together!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you all are doing well and I look forward to reading about your family and the upcoming holidays!