God doesn't give you more than you can handle... at one time. Had this happened last year while Daddy was away, I do not think I could have handled it (nor could he, being so far away)... God knew that.
So here it is, God laid it out on the table, brought it to our attention now. Now that Daddy is home with us, now while B is young and so strong. He built our wild little girl tough for a reason. God has reasons for everything, and while I throw my hands in the air and I yell at him, and tell him how mad I am, and ask him WHY!?!? Why our baby, what did she do to deserve to have to go through this!? I still know that he Will carry us through, and he will carry HER through. He works in mysterious ways, and I don't know why but he chose our little girl, and he WILL bring us all through this.
About 2 months ago spunky little Missa had her 2 yr check up. Her Dr. heard a heart murmur and wanted us to come back for a follow up 2 weeks later so he could listen again. Heart murmurs are fairly normal and some come and go. She actually had one when she was born, but by the time we were ready to bring her home they no longer heard it. It wasn't thought of again. Until now... here it is again, so we were referred by our reg. pediatric Dr. to a pedi. cardiologist at the Dartmouth Hitchcock CHAD unit. After a long afternoon the results were that B would need to have heart surgery to replace her aortic valve. Not something you want to hear. We were praying the news would be that it was an Innocent murmur that was completely functional like many people have.
It is truly life changing. B is a happy and otherwise healthy toddler with no symptoms what so ever. People have said "Wow, I didn't know..." Well honestly neither did we, it was like a bomb dropped. At the same time this is a blessing, a blessing in the way that it was found now. Her Dr. heard something and did something about it. She was a good girl at her 2 yr appt and sat so nice, he was able to hear it and act on it.
She was such a champ at her cardiologist appt. laying so still for her EKG and all her blood pressure checks, and then a half hour laying like such a good girl for her ultrasound. Then she got a new little friend... her stuffed bear, whom she named "Obear". Obear was smothered in kisses for the rest of the day ;)
How do you let her just run and play normal, I just want to wrap her in a bubble and protect her. Hold her and not let her go. She is so healthy though, that we have to just go on until the next step. We will start our new year with a meeting on what type of valve replacement our baby girl will have during her heart surgery. We will find out when the surgery will take place. We have faith in our pediatrician, and he got the ball rolling, we have faith in this Cardiologist and his team as they discuss the best route, and we feel relief in knowing her surgery will take place in Boston where some of the best Dr.s are. People come from all over the world to Boston, and we are blessed to have it in our own backyard, so close.
| For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 |
We really appreciate all of the support and prayers from our family and friends. We need it now more than ever.
"Lord Bless our baby girl"


Ahh so tough. But you are right- God brought you to this place for a reason and He will see you through- After all the scary times we spent in the hospital last month and all the unknowns He showed His faithfulness once again...I wondered where the preeclampsia came from and up to that point I had been so healthy- I wondered why it had to be me and why my baby had to be born 7 weeks early and spend the first weeks of his life in the NICU. People have babies and get to just take them home. Come to find out it was a miracle that I had high blood pressure and pre-e because the cord was around his neck 4 times and no u/s had picked up on it. If he had stayed in there he probably wouldn't have made it. Everything happens for a reason and alot of times it's just to draw us closer to Him and depend on HIM; nothing and no one else. It's a hard place to be but I know you guys will come out of this stronger than you were before and God will be glorified. Keep the faith! <3
ReplyDelete:'( couldn't stop crying while reading this... i can't even imagine.. but you are sooo right - we get mad at God and ask why, but at the end of the day He is still going to be there for you and your family, no matter what. Praying that God gives divine wisdom to the doctors, physical strength to Bryn to get through surgery, and emotional/mental/spiritual strength to you and the rest of your family!!
ReplyDeleteLove you! Continued prayers.....
ReplyDeleteOh, honey, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. This news made me tear up, but you are right, your little girl was built tough and spunky for a reason. God knew she would need it and she will be tough through this as well. Thank God the doctors caught this now and something can be done to fix it. He has a plan and it will be good, even if it is hard to sometimes see that. I will be praying for Bryn, you, your husband, your family, the doctors, everyone! I wish I was closer and there was some way I could help out, but please email me if you ever need to vent, talk or just need prayers! *Hugs*
ReplyDelete