Can't sleep. Honestly, I have't tried.... the wind outside is too loud for me! It is howling like crazy, sounds like it is growling sometimes. Earlier when the gusts from "Sandy" were just starting to pick up, our play house/climber in the back yard went soaring 1/2 way across the back yard. OOOPS! :/ If it wasn't for the fence, it would have been in the road. It was one of those things I didn't really think about when clearing up the back yard for the storm yesterday. It's pretty heavy, and has no roof, and has lots of holes.... guess I figured the wind would whip through it. Guess I figured wrong!
My pretty mums went for a roll across the front porch, got them situated in the garage nice and safe, hanging with the patio furniture now. Pumpkins are out there, they are pretty snug against the house on the covered porch. Wonder if they will be there in the morning? I hope so!
Our power has played tricks on us all afternoon/evening. I actually made dinner and put it in the oven at 1pm this afternoon (just in case!) Figured I would just keep it warm till dinner. A few times tonight the power blinked reeeaaaal sloooowwww. Faked us out big time! Thought we were goners for sure! I haven't heard anything on school for tomorrow.... they cancelled last night for today. However I'm pretty sure we are the only area in our district that does still have power. A few others might, or it has gone off and on.... but for the most part, it is out. My guess is there will not be school, although you know how my guess went with the playhouse.... :/ so we shall see!
Getting everything charged up just incase, and we stocked up on flash lights and batteries. Feels kinda funny, I mean usually when we are waiting to hear on school being cancelled and we are "prepping for the storm" or we are in the middle of one... it is snow. I keep thinking, "oh, big storm, we will wake up to a ton of snow"... Nope, not this time. just wild and crazy rain! Did I mention how LOUD it is!!!!
ok well.... at some point I will try to sleep. have a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment