Well the new year has come with things falling in and out of place. For the most part it is all coming together. There have been a few obstacles to figure out, which is to be expected I suppose. I'm a planner, I like things to be organized, so this chaos is a bit overwhelming for me at times. It's stressful being on this side of things, Ryan is the one in the army, he is the one with his name on everything, he is the one they give info to. I'm just the wife... who has to be told what to do and told what I can't do. It's aggravating for sure sometimes. I just want things lined up and scheduled, and when the government is slow on their end of the game, things go no where. Like Official orders... you need those in your hand in order to book your moving company, or to complete your housing application. Well we "should" have those soon... however we don't have them yet, so at the moment, we are at a standstill. Well, as far as some things... because official orders and movers booked or not, He has to report to his duty station on Jan. 27th.
It will happen, I know it will. Honestly though, at this point I can truly say, I wish I was just there! I can't wait to be down there and get settled in because I don't like this point we are at right now. We are not really living, things are a mess, and we have potential renters coming through our home every few days and we have to leave just like a normal home showing. I hope they aren't coming through here hoping to see a spotless house, cause it ain't happening!
I have been working on getting information on dance studios in the Fort Rucker area for my three girls. They were really looking forward to their recital, and Bryn was going to be in her first ballet recital this summer too ;) There are dance studios in the south, so we will work it out. They just might not be able to be in a recital this year and we will have to accept that and look forward to next year. What ever happens, happens and we will make it work one way or another.
Hopefully those Official Orders will be in our possession this week and we will be able to get this show on the road. Get our movers booked and get our house packed up. I am anal.. I admit it, and I am packing quite a bit myself. I know the movers will come in and do it all.... but there are some things I prefer to just do myself. The tough part is trying to figure out what we are bringing in our car. We need to have a few household items just in case our stuff doesn't get there right when we do. It's much different than packing for vacation ;)
I am very thankful for our friends and family in and around our community. Everyone has stepped up and whatever I have asked for, I have received... more than enough of :) So thank you to all of you who have delivered things I was looking for, you guys are awesome!
I know most of the people around here are already sick of the snow, NOT ME! Even if I wasn't moving south I would be wishing for more! However since I am moving south I'm wishing double time so watch out ;) I am looking forward to our new journey, but I'm not going to lie, I am very much looking forward to returning to the north country! :)
I have been lucky enough to "meet" a few ladies who are already at Rucker. Funny how life leads you in certain directions, I was actually following one of their blogs before Ryan ever even made mention of AL. I didn't realize she was at Rucker until I did a lil' more reading and what do ya know! I reached out and she filled me in on some things I should know... and she also "introduced" me to another new friend who has also filled me in on a lot. It is so nice to know that I have people down there that I have already "met" (so to speak). I am looking forward to meeting them and their families when we arrive! As a matter of fact... we have already been invited to dinner ;)
Well, on that note... I should see what else I can pack ;) Looking forward to sharing more of our journey with you when it really gets underway!
That is so great you already know people where you are going. That will help so much. Good luck on the PCS stuff that needs to get done. I know how stressful it can be.
ReplyDelete