Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Grammy & Grampa Visit!


I've been a slacker again here in the blog world. I have been wanting to post, just haven't. Boo to me! I always roll ideas around in my head about my blogs....as we are doing things, or as I'm taking random day to day pics....Oh this will be good on the blog...I'll write it like this...and on and on. I guess I just think in blog sometimes ;)

Well anyway...here are my latest blog thoughts!

My parents came down for a visit this past weekend. It was nice to have them here, and the kids were over the moon with excitement! Counting down the days, talking about what they would do, and what they would show Grammy & Grampa. Finally Friday afternoon arrived and they were here!

They stayed on post here at the MWR cabins on the lake. Cute little cabins, fully equipped. They just need to work on making the beds more comfortable, but it worked for the long weekend and the kids were thrilled because they got to have sleepovers with Grammy and Grampa the whole time they were here! Missa stayed one night with them all and Ryan and I actually got to go on a date...AND get a full nights sleep!!! Ahhhhh so nice! The other nights, she was exhausted and needed to sleep in her bed at home, but she was fine with that, considering she was out each night after about 2 minutes of hitting the pillow, and one night she didn't even make it there. She was out cold on the couch despite all the noise all around her....she had some exciting days that tuckered her right out!

We did lots of barbecuing and eating on our back patio. We showed them all the helicopters and took them to the Aviation Museum here on post. We enjoyed some mini golf, dinner out and ice cream. We did lots of walking and playing, and even got in a little Gator hunt ;) didn't spot any but saw lots of gator slides and scrapes. We are bound to see them one of these times. However we saw plenty of turtles! You could tell they were used to being fed...the second we stood at the edge of the little lake, at least 30-40 little turtle heads poked up out of the water and began swimming at us. The kids were quite amused by this! Next time we will have to bring bread on that walk.

Unfortunately visits must come to an end, and they had to head back home. :( The kids were a bit sad about this of course and it was harder on some then others. Bella gets very sensitive about these things, and would not look anyone in the eye Tuesday morning before they left, I think she thought if she did it would make her cry. She was, let's just say, easy to set off that morning, everything made her upset. She managed to give her hugs and ride off to school on her bike. They all miss Grammy and Grampa and can't wait till next time!

Aviation Museum 




 Tap, Tap, tap-a-roo



 
Cabins and the morning view 


Gator Hunt

Snuggle time at the cabin


 Ice Cream!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment