Ryan's parents made the 23(ish) hour drive down here and stayed with us for the week. The kids were so excited and it was nice to have company. We were SO busy that week! They pulled in around 8pm Sunday night and we headed out Monday morning and spent the day in Destin on the beach and board walk. We had a great seafood dinner over looking the million dollar yachts. It was fun, but everyone was exhausted!
We kept Tuesday fairly low key...Ryan had a few things to do and the girls and I took Nana to visit our friend "Guy"....the gator ;) He didn't give us much of a show, but at least we found him and Nana got to see his head and get an idea of just how big that bad boy is. The kids love showing our visitors Guy the gator ;)
We did lots of BBQing and ate a ton!
This kid is the Queen of eating King Crab!
Family day was on wed. before Graduation and before the ball. (Yeah, I'm pretty sure a man plans these things, because we had about 1 hour between getting home from sweating our buns off at family day, to the time we had to be at the ball!) It's not your typical Mil. Ball... once the colors are retired, everyone pretty much leaves. Us party animals closed it down and were home by 9:30! Bunch of crazies! (HAHA) However, the soldiers do have to report to graduation at 7:45am the next day so.... it's understandable. Like I said though... we are party animals, so we went swimming after. (we were still home by 11:30!) I felt like I was in high school headed to the after prom party (haha)
Some family day pictures...
Everyone got a turn to "fly"
This kid did NOT want to get out of this seat!! She say's she is going to be a "Helicocker" Pilot like daddy!
This is my favorite of the kids!
Proud parents! :)
Officers ready for their ball.
Yeah... be Jealous!
LOVE
I earned my wings too! It is tradition, that when you graduate flight school here at Fort Rucker, you present your spouse with wings at the ball. (in the form of a necklace...however some people choose to do other things) We had the very first diamond Ryan ever gave me set onto my wings necklace. I love it!
Then it was time to Graduate! That deserves a post of it's own.... :) ........



















So so so so happy for you guys. And my boy said "helicocker" for the longest time, too ;) Hope the move home and everything goes smoothly!
ReplyDelete