A few posts back I had said that "No super hero's live here".
Well....... I LIED!
Today I felt like a super hero as I spent hours putting together my little boys new "big boy bed".
Prior to the assembly of this bed I put together a section of my new desk.
I was on a roll today, although it may mean that I will be rolling out of bed in the morning...
"Oh my aching back"
hahaha
Yes I had asked for help with this bed project, and yes I had people who said they could help me.
After having the kids slam my car doors into the metal pieces of this bed time and time again as it sat in my garage for almost a month. I gave up on waiting for the "right time" for the help to come.
Not to mention the kids bikes could barley fit in between everything in the garage and I could not open the doors to my husbands car.
I say all this in the nicest way, I know people can not just jump up and come build things.
They are busy, then I am busy and not at home when they are ready and yada yada yada .....
Yes I'm sure there are plenty of other people who would say "you could have asked me..." but really it would have ment more waiting, because again... I don't expect them to just come right over and do it.
Pretty much it came down to, I couldn't stand it collecting dust and being in the way any longer.
The fact that my little boy kept asking "when will my big bed be ready?" was another factor.
I started with simply bringing... ok well seeing if I could even lift all the pieces to bring them in. So one by one I moved them to the front porch and cleaned them. That was a chore in itself, seeing I was interrupted at least 100 times & half those times were Missa pushing open the front door and bolting down the walk way.
Some were heavier than others, but i got them all out of the garage & cleaned. Then the next test.... will I get them up the stairs?
YES!
I got them up the stairs. Slowly but surely!
Did I mention I thought Missawas going to end up with a broken foot? On the opposite foot from the prior broken toe! Good grief I tell you! I left one section down stairs and she managed to climb her way through, around, over... who knows..... but she did it, and it fell on her foot.
It's all good, just a bruise.
SO, now all these sections are all over the bedroom. Do I leave them here on the chance that help can come by tomorrow night? After some thinking.... No, because that won't be until around bedtime. See here is that example of "the perfect timing", because bedtime = SO not the perfect time.
So I start piecing it together. Not too difficult, but a bit interesting trying to lift one piece and place another one in the right spot.... while making sure B stays out of the way.
Well, a couple hours and a few swear words later....
Mission Accomplished!
Don't let this come across the wrong way, because people do help me. It's just that sometimes it takes longer than others and you get sick of waiting. It's then you decide.. if you want it done now, do it your darn self!
I had one very happy, excited little man after it was all said and done!
He is now sound asleep in that fun new bed. (which was a hand-me-down, Thank you Auntie L, Uncle E and especially cousin E for passing it along!)
And people.... I'm not going to hide it.... after all that today I enjoy this.....
Yup.... sometimes I AM a super-hero!



Sara that is awesome!!! I have done the same like you too; needed help with something and asked people to help and they say oh i'll help or i'll stop over etc etc but no one does and you hate to keep bugging them and asking them so it doesn't get done. That is awesome you did it yourself and finished. Love the pictures and love the bed. It looks awesome and again you should be very very proud of yourself. How old is he now? I love the slide off the bed. Congrats you are definitely a Super Hero & deserve every last drop of that cold Samuel Adams.
ReplyDeleteYou go girl!! You are woman - I hear you roar!
ReplyDelete