Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

fighting off the madness!

I've been slacking on my poor blog. I was going to update this past weekend, however the "Noro-virus" had other plans for this household. It felt like death came riding in on a freight train and took out anything in its way!
It all started on Sunday, taking out K and Daddy. It was even more awful because K Man was so excited to go with daddy to the Monarchs hockey game that day. Poor boys! Daddy took the brunt of it that day, it seemed to take it a bit easier on K. His bouts of..... ok never mind I'll spare you the details... we will just say his "bouts", were not too over the top. He was actually kinda of smiling and just laying around with his blankie and pillow watching his shows all day and trying to drink plenty of fluids. Daddy on the other hand.... not as lucky.

We opened windows and tried our best to air it out as much as possible. The girls and I were supposed to be going to Daddies parent's house for my brother in-laws birthday lunch... so I packed them up to get them out of the house. Ended up dropping the big girls off early and taking Missa with me to Target. Where we stalked up on LOT's of cleaning/disinfecting supplies and meds! Thankfully my supply of herbs and vitamins I had ordered on line showed up just in the nick of time too. So we were fully stalked and ready to fight this disgusting virus!

That white bottle is bleach spray, because apparently it is pretty much the only thing that will actually kill this virus on surfaces. I have never bleached so many surfaces in my house in my life! Thats ok, because I want it off of everything!
Missa tried so hard to air herself out and not become infected...

This mom was the next to go down. Monday mid afternoon it struck. All I can say is thank God Daddy had Mon & Tues. off this week, because I really have no idea what I would have done. I'm pretty sure I shed about 20lbs by midnight! Woah baby.... that was NOT FUN!


Tuesday night B went to bed at 6:45 and was gagging at 7. I ran upstairs to find her sitting in a puke covered bed, it spared no blanket, stuffed animal or hair on her head! Daddy got her in the tub as I cleaned up the mess. YUCK. When someone is sick here, we set up camp in the living room for the night, as to not bother anyone else, and make it easier for mom to come to the rescue. Daddy brought B's mattress right down stairs to the living room so she would be comfy. (She lucks out there, seeing she is in the toddler bed with a small mattress still) After cleaning her area of the room, and setting up camp in the living room, there was nothing left but the frame of her bed...

The big girls went to sleep soundly...

Thankfully that was it for her, and we did manage to get some sleep. Her a little more then me since I was paranoid she was going to start puking at any moment. I was woken up once by her around 12:30am... she was standing at the t.v. saying "Me too play just dance"  HAHA, Apparently she was feeling revived!

The only two that haven't been taken out now are E & I, and I'm praying they will be spared. Maybe by being out of the house & at school for most of the day, they will have a little more of a fighting chance? Let's hope!

Now we are FINALLY supposed to get some snow this afternoon into tonight. (Haven't gotten more than flurries since Halloween!) Hopefully we really will get this snow and it will help kill off this crazy virus!

Stay Healthy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry you all felt so awful! Something hit our house earlier this week too, but not quite as bad. Luckily neither kid got it so we were able to work through the ick. I wish we would get some snow, but it was actually 67 here yesterday! And tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 50's. I can't imagine what summer is going to be like!
    I hope your girls stay healthy and the ick leaves your house completely!

    ReplyDelete