Well anyway, The girls had school of course since it fell on a Tuesday. They were very excited for their class party (see that's when Valentine's day was fun) ;) We made a special valentine for their classmates and teacher and of course for a few friends and cousins too. They headed off to school with big smiles and backpacks filled with sugar to hand out.
When we got back home from dropping them off, Missa went off to her room to play, I went up to check on her and found her having a tea party with I's American girl doll....
Tea for you
and tea for me!
She looks like a giant sitting at the little doll table ;) It was so cute, I honestly didn't think she would still be sitting there when I got back with the camera. There she was though, pouring tea and pretending to mix it up. I was offered some as well. It was a very sweet little party.
After a heart shaped lunch (Sandwiches cut with a cookie cutter), and a bunch of red things to go with it (strawberries etc...), we decided to make some cupcakes to surprise the girls and also share with the cousins. All my kids love to help bake and cook, so K & B both took turns adding eggs,sugar,oil and of course their favorite part... Mixing! I think they love that part so much because they sneak licks! While B was napping K got to decorate...
so proud of his work
Later we picked up the girls from school. Of course I was expecting them to come home with loads of sweet treats, right... that's what happens at class parties. However I was Not expecting one of my 6 year old daughters to come home with a RED ROSE!!
Oh Goodness!!! Poor E was quite embarrassed by this, her sister was the one who informed me of this when they got in the car at pick up. E had it hidden in her backpack ;) I asked her if I could see it, so she took it out and then started smiling... however the smile started to turn into a majorly annoyed face fast as her sister is telling me she was the ONLY one who got a rose from "Adam". She goes on to tell me, she told this "Adam" that it was very nice of him to give a rose to her sister E. AWWW
On the ride home I was asking her about this boy and I was trying not to laugh. She got mad ..."Why are you laughing... it isn't funny... we are just friends.... he said I am his best girl friend, his bff" I tried to explain to her that I just thought it was cute.
When daddy got home, he jokingly said "we need to have a chat about this boy" while laughing and playing with her..... She pretty much got sick of listening to everyone talk about her rose, So she told us it was now for mommy.
However a day later when we ask who's pretty rose is on the counter, her little cheeks turn rosy and she puts on her little shy face and shrugs. :) I think it's adorable!
Of course there was also plenty of chocolate. I'm not sure what's worse, Halloween or Valentine's day?!?!
Those bags are Full, and there is more in the cabinets!
Oh GOSH my six year old got a rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daddy is going to have to start cleaning that gun a lot sooner than he thought! LOL ;)






Haha! Oh my, Daddy better get ready! That is the cutest thing ever :) Our son has a "BFF" that is a sweet little girl. He gets really embarrassed when we mention her as his "girlfriend" and his face gets all red too.
ReplyDeleteI love the photos of Bryn at the tea party. How sweet! She is so cute :)
I'm glad that you all had a good Valentine's Day. We've got tons of candy too, hopefully I can stay out of it!