Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Finally!

So we have been here at Rucker for a little over 3 weeks... Ryan's been at WOCS for 2 weeks. Since he has been away at WOCS. Oh so far away on the other side of the post! Yep that's right, he's literally a couple streets away. WOCS (Warrant Officer Candidate School) is a bit like boot camp, and they were not allowed any phone calls in the first 2 weeks. So after hearing nothing from him and not seeing him, he Finally was able to call last night.

I knew after 2 weeks they were probably going to get their first phone calls, so I sat patiently... ok Im a liar... not very patiently...and I almost gave up hope. Knowing that when TAPS played through out the post (at 10pm), it is lights out. So around 9:40 I was about to call it a night.

Then I get a message from a new friend here on post, that she got her call! Where is mine!?!?! Now my heart is beginning to freak out... it's excited and nervous... is he going to call, or are they only allowing some of them? What is going on!? It's late, I'm tired, I miss my husband like crazy.................and then the cell phone lights up at 9:45!!!! Not going to lie, I sat staring at it in my hand for a moment before answering, I guess I was making sure I wasn't hallucinating ;) Nope.... it was real.... "HI!!!!!!" It was the best 20 min. and 18 seconds I have had in 2 weeks!

We have been through deployments and Annual Training and plenty of civilian job "stay-aways"... however We have never gone 2 weeks without speaking... we haven't gone more than a few days, and that was mainly because he was traveling during a deployment or something. So this has been a killer. Not being able to see each other or even speak, or text... nothing, no communication unless...well pretty much unless someones dying. Not to mention we are in a whole new place, WAY far away from home. So yeah, it's been rough for sure.

I just need to make it a point to say, that I will never feel bad for anyone who's husband (or wife), goes away for a few nights. I'm sorry, I just won't. I understand it, I have been there, I hated "stay-aways" and drill weekends. Really though, after dealing with the distance and lack of communication we have dealt with, I just simply can not sympathize. Nothing personal... I just can't! I actually saw something on facebook recently that fit this so well....

Anyway... for 20 minutes, we were both happy! He is stressed, it's a tedious, tiring course. He is dedicated though, very professional and a hard worker. He impresses me over and over, and I know he will do great. However, we will both be thrilled when it's over!

We discussed the kids of course, and we definitely discussed the fact that Tornado warnings and post sirens shouting "Take cover now!" SUCK! Yeah i said it... they SUCK!  Makes miss the snow even more. Seriously, all my NH friends/fam. that say you would trade weather with me... let's get on that would ya! I think you might change your mind after spending an hour in a closet with 4 hyperventilating children listening to sirens... but who knows, maybe you like that ;) Anyway.. I love you guys and want your snow ;)

SO... on that note, I wait for Sunday, because on Sunday, Ryan can call again! WOOT!


2 comments:

  1. Can they only call on Sundays? Was is the Sunday after his second week? My boyfriend is there now and I am going crazy with no contact! LoL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber.. once they earn their phone calls they are allowed to call on Sundays and Wednesdays, except when they are in the field. Hope you get your call soon!!!

      Delete