Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

pro's & con's

I love living on a military post.... I wish it was in new England though.
I love spaghetti... but apparently I can't cook it on a gas stove.
I'm glad there are things for my kids to be a part of here...but the the run around to get it set up and papers signed is a bit of a joke.
I miss the snow immensely... but it is nice that the kids can run in and out and play on the playground (which is so close) without bundling up and then having to take it all off. BUT I really, really, miss the snow ;)
I HATE spiders, but I HATE tornado watches and this crazy stormy weather more... so I will take spiders any day over that....however if a spider happens to land on my head as tornado sirens are going off, I might have an actual heart attack!
I LOVE listening to the helicopters fly over at night, there is something so peaceful about it and I simply just love it. (THAT I will miss when this journey is done)
I miss my friends and family like crazy..like CRAZY!....but I am thankful for the friends I have made here and for having some really great neighbors!
I want to hear my husbands voice, I miss him so much and I hate that he is actually right here on this post within walking distance but I can not see or talk to him....I am so very thankful that it will only be 5 weeks and not 12 months, and at some point in this time, I will get a phone call...even if it's quick.
I can deal with that in the big picture...or I could resort to being the crazy wife who circles any blocks/fields that I see platoons of soldiers in hoping to find my husband in that sea of camo.  NO, I promise I have not actually done that ..haha.. I will not deny the fact that I have driven by some randomly though, trying to get to certain buildings I need to get to ;)
I wish there was a Dunkin Donuts here, man I miss them...did find out there are 3 Starbucks set up throughout post though... and I found one, and I didn't think twice about treating myself to a GIANT latte after my night of anxiety from storm sirens going off!!

well I guess I'll go get my lean cuisine out of the oven since I killed the spaghetti (3 times) tonight. I mean really... WHO goes through 3 boxes of pasta and turns it all to mush. I have been cooking past for a long time, and never gone through 2. HAHA... honestly, this gas stove top is killing me. But ok, whatever, I like a lean cuisine every now and then, they are actually pretty good! ;)

And this view tonight... out our front door and down our street... not too shabby!


1 comment:

  1. I HAVE been the one to drive past groups of soldiers more than once to catch a glimpse of my husband :) I was so that wife during WOCS! Maybe it's good that we didn't have a lot of family or close friends back home when we came here... we only had a couple friends to miss, and we've been so blessed with so many amazing friends here, it's the going back that is the hard part now. :(

    I hope things get better for you soon... 4 weeks left!!!

    ReplyDelete