The down side, daddy wasn't able to be here today to watch :( He is (like I mentioned in my last post) away for a lil' bit at one of the flight school courses. It is one of those things we just have to be ok with, it is all part of this lil trip we are on...We are just thankful for cameras and video. I was only able to get a short video on my camera (Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.. it's not really "allowed") but my video cut out a lil shorter than i wanted, plus I couldn't get the whole thing because I wanted pictures too. It's ok though, we spent the extra money on the professional DVD. So hopefully that doesn't take too long to come in, and maybe we'll have it for when daddy gets back. I know they are dying to show him already!
It was a little harder this year, Daddy was deployed during the 1st recital, BUT I had family and friends all around to help. It is QUITE the process getting all ready for the recital..... hair, makeup, eating without ruining your million dollar costume!! Mom managing to get herself ready and presentable. Meanwhile the rest of the gang runs circles around you....screaming, fighting, refusing to nap, needing food every free second mom gets because Lord knows I usually starve them... or at least that's how they make it seem in those moments! So with daddy being away this year, and family being FAR away... it was an interestingly insane morning. I will say I am very thankful the recital started at 2 and we didn't have to leave the house until around 1pm... gave me a lil more time to prep all these crazies on my own!
My next dilemma...How am I going to manage to make a 3 & 5 year old sit silently for 3 hours straight!?!?! We have found a wonderful teenage girl here who has been great with our kids and watched them a few times when we needed to attend things for Ryan's courses. Just so happens, she is also the girls dance teacher!! So now what do I do with the two littles? Thankfully I found 2 teenagers (who are sisters) through a facebook group page for Fort Rucker. I just happened to be looking one night when someone else asked about babysitters. The girls mom posted about them. I quickly sent her a private message, and scored myself 2 new sitters!! One of the girls came over and spent the afternoon with Kale and Bryn and they adored her. PHEW!
SO the girls and I were able to enjoy the 1st half of the recital together before they headed back stage at intermission...then I sat and watched the rest...and I enjoyed every second of watching them up their just glowing and having a blast! Job well done my lil dancers!
"When you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance..."











No comments:
Post a Comment