Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

blog slacker....

Uggg I'm such a slacker!!!! I haven't touched my blog in weeks. I said I would do better.... I don't want to be a liar... so I really need to get back into it!!

Anyway.... a few up dates... we went to the Montgomery Zoo a few weeks ago. It's a nice little zoo, very clean. It was perfect zoo weather, not too hot and not humid at all. We had a pretty good day and after we had lunch at one of our new favorite places, Moe's Southwest Grill. I find myself craving it all the time now and it's bad, because they just opened a new one right outside the post. Anyway, here are a few pics from our Zoo trip..







This past weekend we decided to take a drive to Atlanta GA. It was our 10 year anniversary on Friday May 3rd and since helicopters kinda got in the way of our original 10 yr plan, which was go to Vegas and re-new our vows with Elvis, we thought we would do something with the kids. It was fun. I booked us a room in down town Atlanta for the night (using hotwire.com for the first time ever I might add!... and Im very happy I did.) Saved us a lot of money and stayed at the Hilton. Bought our tickets for the GA Aquarium here on post through the MWR travel office and got a discount and a free dolphin show included in our package. Not bad! The GA Aquarium is quite impressive! I recommend anyone who is ever in the Atlanta area to check it out. We loved it. It is HUGE, and the tanks they have in there are pretty amazing! We spent a few hours walking around checking everything out, then had some time before the dolphin show, so we ran across the st. to Johnny Rockets and had some burgers and shakes Mmmmmm.......


The tropical tank & the Beluga Whale tank

The VERY Impressive deep ocean tank & tunnel going through it


 This Jelly fish tank had such beautiful colors!

 Daddy & Kale petting sting rays in the hands on tank

Shakes and Burgers!

And then it was time for bed!


It's nice to be able to see new things down here in the Deep South... go to places we probably wouldn't go if we were not living here.... We look forward to exploring some more! 










No comments:

Post a Comment