Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

11 years strong


11 years ago on May 3, 2003 was our wedding day. Who would-a thought we would be on a beautiful beach in Destin Florida with 4 beautiful children enjoying a perfect family day!? Or even more so.... who would-a thought we would be living in Alabama!? It's crazy how life plays out. The paths it takes you down. It's all pretty amazing to me. Sure we have our ups and downs, but really, life is pretty beautiful...and I sure feel blessed! 

So yes, our anniversary happened to fall on a Saturday, and it was a gorgeous weekend, so we packed up for the day and drove to the Destin coast. Why??........ because it's beautiful! (Man, I love the gulf coast, It's so close...I am going to miss that A LOT!) We set up camp on the beach for the day and soaked it in! The water is just starting to get warmer, the temp was 72*. It felt a lil chilly at first getting in, but then it was so nice! The kids were in it all day...





The kids friended a lil' girl and dug a really deep hole together! 




The kids declared it "The Best Day Ever!" as soon as some visitors showed up.....
 YEP!!! Dolphins! 

Quite a few dolphins actually. I was sitting watching the girls boogie board while K man and Missa built castles. I glanced out and swore I saw something.... BAM! A couple fins. Then a couple more a lil ahead of those...and a couple more ahead of those. They played around out there for a while. Swimming back and forth, circling some people on some stand up boogie boards...we watched one guy squat down and reach out as the dolphins played around his board. So cool! 

Such a fun beach day! 


We packed up our gear, showered off and headed for dinner after that. We ate on the beach at Pompano Joe's ( http://pompano-joes.com/destin/index.php ) YUM!! The kids & I had eaten there with my parents when we stayed at the beach house down the road from there, we loved it. Ryan agreed, pretty tasty! I'd say it's a definite go to dinner spot in Destin. 

 K man & Bryn devoured some crab legs... They were Delish! 

They have some very tasty lemonade! 



But...I think these windows are my favorite part of this whole restaurant! They are so fun, and open up to the beach! 


Perfect way to spend our anniversary... with each other, and the lil ones we created, in a beautiful place.... Blessed!

Mark 10:6-9
"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.





                      


3 comments: