Thanksgiving, we were planning on hosting in our new home...our first holiday here...we got a storm that began as pretty snow, but ended as heavy, slushy, icy, rain. Which in turn caused a 3 day power outage and we packed up all our food and headed to my parents to cook dinner there instead. (It turned out fine and we had Turkey!)
Christmas....well, vacation officially began when school got out on Friday afternoon. Lil Missa began puking over the weekend. K man took over on Monday around 3am...and now Christmas Eve, "I" went down and spent the evening on the couch with a bucket next to her.
I know...like the other two holidays...it will turn out fine...great actually. We already had one Christmas with my family. A special guest showed up and there were huge smiles on the kids faces!
That day we managed to be healthy :) So I am hopeful and praying that tomorrow, Christmas day, we will be healthy again. Praying miss "I" will wake up feeling refreshed, and no one else will be taken down!
I admit...I was a bit "annoyed"..... the fact that I was looking forward to Christmas back here in NH, and now the snow that we did have is all washed away, it is actually a bit on the warmer side and it is pouring. I just wanted a white Christmas. Then to have children puking left and right, and having to keep canceling play dates we had planned with friends to celebrate vacation, and Christmas with them. The kids have been quite sad about this. We had plans to go to an annual Christmas party at friends house tonight....but they had sickness there as well, and plans were canceled. Just as well, seeing it would be a pretty miserable hour drive home with a sick child. So really, that was a blessing in disguise. It was much nicer for her to be in her own home, on the couch. The big question was...how is Santa going to come. Or not so much how, I knew it would obviously happen...but when!? Thankfully she fell asleep on a makeshift bed on our bedroom floor...and I was able to sneak all the gifts out before bringing her in there.....now....she is soundly sleeping (God willing, done with this bug)....and....... Santa was able to come. So..... as much of a bummer as things have seemed to be, we are BLESSED...beyond measure! I am so thankful for that....and despite holidays going NuTs, I'm thankful for each of them, and our family!
I am thankful that our Savior was born on Christmas day, and that because of him, we are filled with so much love. I am thankful that we are blessed by a savior who allows us to also enjoy the magic of santa with our children, while teaching them the reason as well. Looking forward to tomorrow being a healthier...happy day!
BLESSED!
Merry Christmas to all.....and to all...a good night!





No comments:
Post a Comment