Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

my chalk paint project

In November I went crazy with chalk paint. I have always wanted to make the kids a chalk paint chalk board...it was finding the right spot that was my issue. Daddy thought right on the living room wall would be fun. (he's another kid though) I saw chalk dust ALL OVER the house with that idea!

The previous owner of this house left us a very large work table and work bench with storage, in the basement here. I decided that was my new chalk board! So I got to work.....




This is what I ended up with! I LOVE it! So do the kids. They now have a giant arts and crafts table and a place to store all their supplies. I painted the entire top of the table and the top of the work bench and the doors. I could have painted all the walls too but I made myself stop ;)

heres some before...



and some more after....





It took a few coats of the chalk board paint. I did prime the table first...but not the work bench. I actually decided to do the work bench after and just went with it. I wiped it down and then painted 2 coats of chalk board paint. Of course it looks amazing in these pics... if you could see it now with all the dust all over it WOW. The erasers we found at Staples, really aren't the greatest. We have to wash the table down every once in awhile to get all the dust off so they can really see their new drawings. At some point I might even add a third chalk paint coat...but yeah.... sometime when Im feeling ambitious and I'm done my other projects ;) 

The table needed some benches...so I went onto the local yard sale pages and found 4 very cheap. I got 2 pair...so 2 of them are taller and 2 are shorter, but they work. I painted them all black. Here are my tall ones one is done and one is not...they were a green color before I attacked them with black to match the chalk board. 


The kids love it! Slowly tackling rooms....I worked on K mans a bit today...I'll share that when I have more done :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment