Our basement is wet to begin with, so you can just imagine what it is like now. Thankfully we have a sump pump down there, so it hasn't been too bad. Well as long as I keep at it. Unfortunately it is not automatic, so I have to go down and plug it in, and then make sure I keep an eye on it, and go un-plug it when the water level is back down so that the pump doesn't burn out. A little bit of a pain though, when I have to go somewhere and it's really wet, by the time I get home it's pretty full of water, and I have to remember to get right down there asap and turn it on, and not forget it is on. Or on nights like tonight when it's raining... A LOT... I have to make a note to myself to go down as soon as I wake up and turn it on.
So enough complaining, at least the rain is melting the snow right! I can see backing out of my drive way again! I really do not mind winter, but HOLY COW, enough is enough!
SO E and I do have galoshes, and they LOVE them. So they have been wearing them to school. They were left at the front door, and someone else got ahold of them.....
Drastic times call for drastic measures!
She wanted to go outside in the rain! What, she was ready! OK, maybe not, she is on the shorter side, and it's pretty wet out there, and cold.... so maybe she needs a few more layers.
Here's to hoping when I wake up in the morning, the pump in the basement will be enough and we won't need to call in the bucket brigade!
Stay Dry!

No comments:
Post a Comment