Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

We have been enjoying our nightly milk and cookies a lot lately. The kids love it, they always have a bedtime snack after they are all "jammied up" (as they call it). They like to all come in and get a couple cookies and one cup of milk to share, then we all sit on the kitchen floor and dip our cookies :) YES we sit on the floor. They love it. cookies and milk picnic style!


I've been trying to do as many special things with the kids as possible. It can get hectic, especially when everything is crazy... the kids are out of control, there are errands to be run, and things around the house to accomplish, and I am only one person. the later half of the day is the hardest. (thats typical even if daddy is home) 
It's hard when I'm trying to keep everyone under control and accomplish these things. How do we have fun time, when I'm finding myself saying things like "Stop yelling", "Don't hit each other", "Don't jump off the furniture", "Don't look at or breath on each other", and most of all (especially when Missa is napping), "BE QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  
Sometimes I feel like all I ever do is argue with children. It gets old fast.... people sometimes think I'm nuts when they ask what time my kids go to bed, and my reply is "typically by 7:15". You bet your A**!!! I need time to breath people! Hey they sleep pretty good and most times until about 7am... so WHY on Earth would I fix what is not broke??!! 
I'm not overly crazy about it, we do go out and do things, and I'm not running out of places early to make it home for the 7:15 bedtime. If we are out, we are out... and we do have our movie nights, and movies don't start until Bryn is down for the night. On a regular night, like a school night, when we are home and in a regular routine, 7:15 it is!

SO, we love our cookie and milk moments, and our movies nights! It is our extra special quality time. We have been doing more extra things lately.... I think it also has to do with the fact that we have been stuck in this house for a long time now. Play dates out of the house, and having friends over here... meeting people at indoor play areas, and the kids "special days". It's hectic, but we are making it as fun as possible!


I can only hope that they will love to sit on the floor and dip cookies in milk for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment