We packed up and headed to the family camp in Maine. Left on Friday night and came home on Monday night. What an enjoyable weekend it was! The weather was great too... morning would start off a bit cooler, but by afternoon it was warm and everyone was in the water, but not too hot! In my opinion, it was perfect!
We have a favorite ice cream spot, so it is a must that we make a trip there every time we go up. http://www.shawsridgefarm.com/ If you are ever in the Sanford Maine area, you should check it out. YUMMY! The kids love the little play area they have.
We did a lot of eating, swimming, reading, fishing and relaxing!
when arriving @ the camp, you must go straight to the dock and (As Pape says...) "Make sure there is still water in the lake." Might as well do a lil' jig while your down there ;)
Swim a lot
~~~~~~~~
splash & jump
The water was great the whole weekend. Felt so refreshing. Nana & Pape took all 4 kids for a ride on Sunday morning. The air was about 62* and it was misting off and on for a little bit. So since we had some alone time and it was chilly, we of course decided the perfect thing to do was to jump off the dock and swim as far as we could like we used to :) The water was so nice and it felt so good to just jump and swim around like a bunch of crazy kids.
Early one morning around 4:30. I woke up to go use the bathroom. There is only running water in the kitchen sink at camp, so the bathroom is out the back door and down the stairs underneath in the "basement". Typically this is not very exciting...however when you are half asleep and you walk past the garbage and hear something, stop and turn around to see a raccoon staring at you making it's funny little crackling noise and hissing...the normal potty trip turns a little more exciting...or scary haha. For a split second my heart was pounding and all I could think was... crap, the door is behind the pissed off raccoon! Thankfully he decided to make a break for it before I did ;)
There were so many memories made. These are just a few....
E wanted to play photographer
The moon was beautiful, this pic. doesn't do it justice.. it was bright orange like it's reflection on the water.
"Ahh, no Pape don't catch me and pull me into the water!"
I shall shake my lil' booty on this dock.....
Well, since we are bustin' moves........
my girls & I having fun
And many, many more.... if I shared them all there would be about 200. So I'll leave it at that ;)

















What a fun trip and such a beautiful place! We have a family lake house too and it is always so relaxing and peaceful to go there - my favorite place!! I am so jealous that you are so close to Maine! I have an aunt and uncle that live in Camden and have not been there for years, but I have such fond memories of visiting! Love all the photos, the ones of the kids and their dance moves are awesome!!
ReplyDelete