Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Phew.. so glad Friday is over with. Thursday night the 3 big kids had a sleep over with Grammy & Grampa while Bryn, Ryan and I spent the night at a hotel down near Children's Hospital. http://www.childrenshospital.org/ We had to be there bright and early, so it made things a bit easier being close by.
Bryn did so awesome as far as not eating goes. She was allowed some juice up till 6:30am, and of course we had to beg her to drink it before that. Then after when she couldn't have it anymore, she wanted it :/ isn't that the way.
If you or your child has ever had any kind of surgical procedure done, you now how pre-op can go.... long! We hung out in a little room for a bit, at least we were able to do laps around the unit to keep her somewhat occupied. She was amused by the paintings on the ceiling and also her cool "silly socks" (the ones that have the grips on the top and bottom and go with the cute little hospital gown) She loved them so much, she made sure we remembered to bring them home. She relaxed for a bit with her puppy and played peek-a-boo for a while with mom & dad.



Finally the time came for her to go in. I was able to go with her. Not sure if that was good or bad (for me...) of course it was good for her. She did so great though, which made things so much easier! Once she was asleep I gave her a kiss and went back to join Ryan in the waiting room.
It always feels like you are waiting forever! Her Dr. came out to get us and we went into the little room so she could fill us in... Bryn did awesome! She did fine with the anesthesia, and her heart did great too! HUGE relief! We were able to go in and see her as soon as they took the tubes out.
Poor baby was so groggy and had a cough and sore throat from the tubes. Over all though, she was doing awesome. After a few more minutes on the monitors the nurse un-hooked her so she could cuddle with mommy ;) We were able to go home shortly after.
The big kids hung out at Grammy & Grampas until after dinner so that Bryn could rest in a quiet house.  After a few naps and a lot of juice, she was starting to feel more like Bryn by dinner time. She slept great that night too (even after a few naps) it was a long day for her and she needed to catch up. We all did!
We will get results back in a week or so, and see where we go from there. In the mean time..... we are just glad thats all over and she did so great! Thank you God!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11







1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I'm sorry! I've been so bad about catching up on blog reading that I didn't see your post about Bryn's surgery date! She (and you all) have been constantly in my prayers though! I am so glad to hear that all went well. Now to pray for good results!! Please keep us updated!
    Take care my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete