Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

potty talk

I was in the kitchen the other day and I hear Missa talking... I found her in the bathroom on the potty. As soon as I peaked in she said "Shut the door Mommy!!" She has been going on the potty during the day for a little over a month now. She has it down, she does awesome. I still don't want to shut the door completely while she is in there. So i shut it almost all the way and continued what I was doing in the kitchen.
I heard her start talking again, and realized she had her toy flip phone in there with her. She was talking to the puppy in the picture. "Hi, how you doing?...... me good.....You going to work now?" and on and on. So cute. Then a couple minutes later I hear her as loud as can be "Call me maybe!!!!" she was bustin' out in song in there. I couldn't help it, I had to stop everything and just watch through the crack in the door. "All the boys try and chase me........." HAHAHA "Call me maybe!!!!!!!!" I almost pee'd my own pants laughing while watching her. Of course I'm still laughing as I open the door and she gives me her little embarrassed "mean" face with a grunt..."Mrrrmmmm, shut the door MOMMY!!!"
I just had to share that, it was so cute and absolutely hilarious!

SO this potty thing. I always went "full throttle"..."cold turkey"  with my other three. The day we wore undies during the day, was the day we said goodbye to diapers forever... For Bryn it was different. Maybe because she is my baby? Also because as good as she does sleep, more often than not, she will end up in our bed at some point during the night. I didn't really have this issue with my others, probably because the big girls had each other, learning to sleep all night in their beds together at the same time. Kale man didn't even flinch, he wanted the bed before I wanted him in it, and he slept in it all night with no problems. Bryn was doing awesome, and then got into a bad habit of coming into our bed. part of the problem was/is we are just so tired and she sleeps great in our bed and doesn't bother us (MOST nights) so why not just get sleep!? I tried laying with her and that worked for a while, and we were sorta back on track.... then it happened again. Now some nights I can get her to sleep in her own bed if she wakes up, but it seems most nights she will throw a fit, and if she had her own room, I would let her cry and learn to sleep in her bed.... however she shares a room with her big sisters, and I would rather one small child in the middle of my bed then a whole gang. SO..... that is why I was more "lax" about the diapers at night with her. She did so awesome during the day, but I didn't want accidents in my bed.
WELL.... the other night, I tucked Missa Bryn in to bed. I was headed out to a girlfriends house for a bit, and when I got home around 10:30, she was already in my bed. Sometimes I think it's actually my husband who is afraid to sleep alone, and he goes and gets her and tucks her into bed with him.  ;)
But anyway... she was there, I let her be and I got into bed and went to sleep. Around 5am Ryans alarm went off, she was still sleeping, I got up to use the bathroom and Ryan says... "Bryn isn't wearing a diaper." ... WHAT!?!?!!?  he thought I ment for that to happen so he just let it be when she went into bed with him..... however, in reality, I forgot! So i quickly went to check, and to my surprise she was dry! Thankfully seeing she was in MY bed! ;) I did make her go potty at that point to make sure my bed stayed dry! She went and went back to sleep and did so good!
We were SO excited! I guess we needed to forget to get over our little "hump" (thats what we will call it) ;) 
That was  a few nights ago... and she hasn't worn a diaper since! WOOHOOOOOO!!!! She is doing pretty darn good too! So proud of our "little big girl".
Like anything, this is bittersweet. Of course I don't miss buying diapers... I haven't in a while since it was only at night and I had plenty. Those suckers are expensive! She's my baby though, so in a way I was trying to just hang on to that, and not push anything. (Yep... our next "hump" is the binkie she just has to have at night) One thing at a time people!  Really though, I don't want her to have it forever, and she won't... but Im just not pushing these things either!
Bittersweet!!!

1 comment:

  1. GO Bryn!!! Haha i love how she asked the dog if he was going to work ... = )

    ReplyDelete