Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

What the !?!?!?!

SO of course, me, the girl who LIVES for New England winters, is in the south while snow piles up to 3 feet in my NH backyard! What is wrong with this picture!?!?! I'm looking out my windows at grass and it's about 60*...I should be looking at this....

Out my parents back door

Really though, we are here for a god reason, and we want to be here (maybe not in the south but you know what I mean lol) If Fort Rucker was in the north we would be golden ;) Anyway.... we are liking it. Living on the post is nice and certainly has perks, We are making the best of this experience and our new surroundings, and so far so good. I can't promise I will love it in the summer heat and humidity... but we shall cross that bridge when we get there. 

Ryan is at WOCS right now... so the kids and I are kind of on our own for a a bit. It's a little tough, because he is actually right here in post... So close yet so far! We can't see him or talk to him (until he earns phone privileges, but we don't know when that will be.) The other thing, I have to meet him and attend a few meetings and a dinner with him at the end of WOCS, and kids can not come. Hmmmmmmmmmm... better get to know people fast! I have been getting to know a few which is nice, and they are all great. Everyone here has been through this or is going through it (pretty much) so everyone helps each other out. It's just hard when you have only trusted a few people to watch your kids. Now you are 100's of miles away and have to trust strangers.  Hopefully it will all work itself out, and soon. It will.....it will! 

Well, for now we make friends and enjoy the time here... and we count down our kisses again....


We have them all counted out and in our count down jar... 5 kisses a day for 5 weeks! At least it isn't nearly as big as our last Kiss jar!!!! :)

Well, off to make the best of this Alabama weather and ride bikes! (But I'll be thinking of sledding instead!) ;)

3 comments:

  1. Here are some hugs to go with your kisses :) I know it's tough... but you're right, most of us have gone through it, and there are a lot of us guard wives here, too, who are in your same boat (i.e. we had a home and a life that was uprooted to be here)... Hang in there! Wish I was still going to be here to help you out at the end of WOCS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't go, Don't go! ;) No, I'm happy for you, such an accomplishment and now a new chapter for you guys!!

      Delete