It's one of those days all around... everything I read today just proves it even more. I can't escape it no matter how far or fast I run! It is just ment to be. I can't focus, but that could be because my mind is else where, too many things going on in this head right now. I don't like to wish the days away, but I am secretly waiting for this day to come to a close, and I will sit my butt on the couch with a big bowl of whatever kind of mint ice cream is hidden in my freezer and watch my DVR'd episode of "The Next Best Baker". Then sleep.... all.... night.... long! HA, ok that could have been taking it too far. It takes a miracle to sleep all night here lately.
On that note, what's been happening so far this new year.... Hmmmmmm, well, not much. New Years day was spent lounging around in the most comfortable clothes possible, doing a whole lot of nothing! The next day he had off, so we started it kind of the same... doing nothing. I ended up heading off to Market Basket to get some grocery's with K man while Daddy stayed home with the girls. WOW that place was a mad house. I forgot about the fact that a lot of people had the day off and people were still on school vacation. Anyway... we made it out alive. We got home and then decided to tackle the Christmas tree. We got everything taken off and then daddy picked it up to take it outside.... I didn't know that one tree could have so many pine needles on it, well actually they were no longer on it, they were ALL over the house. It's all cleaned up and put away and the only sign of the holidays left is the excessive amount of toys hanging around. We could really use some snow! I know Christmas is over but it is still winter in New England and I REALLY want some snow!
B has carried her mischief into the new year. She is known for ending up in our bed at night & then slipping out at the crack of dawn to explore the house. Yes we know she is up, one of us gets up and puts up the baby gates, (or "B blockers" as the kids call them) and locks the fridge and all that good stuff. Well, apparently we need to lock the bread/onion drawer, because she decided on New Years morning that she would peel an onion and leave it on the dining room floor for us. Thank you Missa. Oh well, could have been worse, she could have eaten it like an apple I suppose.
Today is the day the pediatric cardiologist team meets. They have a monthly meeting on the 1st Tuesday of each month. Today her Dr. will discuss her case with his entire team to get everyone's input and decide the best surgical route for B. I have tried not to think too much about this over the past two weeks, just trying to focus on the the holidays and family fun. I probably won't even hear from the Dr. today.... it could be the end of the week before we hear... but of course, knowing they are meeting just brings it all to the front of my mind (hence why I can't focus on anything). Hopefully we will hear from them soon, and we can get this whole thing all figured out.
Anyway, I suppose I should get to the laundry that is waiting for me. Today is turning out to be a movie & popcorn day for the kids and bedsheets & laundry kind of day for me. Tomorrow... back to the school routine. Now I need to make sure I remember to drop the girls off at the new school that was built for our towns and not at their old school. I'm sure they will remind me, they have been counting down the days till they go to their new classroom ;)
And on that note, theres the oil truck..... Any takers on the bill he just stuck in my front door!?!?!
The title of your post describes me exactly the past few days. For me I think it has something to do with the excitement of the holidays being over and getting back to routine...blah. I hope that your day ended well and that you hear from the doctor soon. The waiting is sometimes one of the hardest parts, just tell us so we can prepare and move forward! Praying for you guys! And I love that Bryn peeled the onion - she definitely has spunk!
ReplyDeleteA good night's sleep is hard to come by around here, too. Bryn sounds like quite a character!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything went well with the doctors' meeting. Thinking of you!