"I want this..", "She's doing this...", "He's looking at me..." ..........."Oh gosh come on now.... REALLY!?!?!?!" Daddy cleaned up last night while the big girls and I were at dance class. I am thankful he did, but this morning we couldn't find the bags of snow pants. We were running all over looking as we were supposed to be in the car already. Finally I called the cell..... he told me they were hanging inside the doorway to the basement. I thought he ment on the door, so I looked and they were not there. He thought they may have fallen down the stairs... nope nothing down there. Then they were spotted on the side behind another bag. OK let's go.... get in the car!
Backing out of the drive way and I hear "Where is my back pack!?!?!?" Uggggggg...... back in a i go to get the backpack still hanging on the dining room chair. "OK... are we good now?" Then I hear... "Tally-ho.... let's GO!" How do you not laugh?
We had a play date with the little ones after so that was fine, relaxing... they played well. The friends we played with live right up the road. However, I knew Missa was THIS close to being out like a light.... so I took "the long way home". Just kinda drove up and down a few roads and then came home. Just long enough to be able to transfer her into her bed for nap time. She took a pretty good nap. BUT it was also just long enough for K to shut his eyes.... and sometimes when that happens, a little monster emerges when I try to wake him or get him in the house. So..... it took a little bit to get him to settle down.
Then I had to make what felt like about a million phone calls. To get the show on the road for B's heart stuff. Of course K did good for a bit and was quiet.... until someone actually answered on the other end... then he needed everything...NOW. That's when you start the "dance routine"... you know the one where you have the phone on one ear and your other hand is waving around frantically doing some kind of secret sign language that you are hoping the child understands and will obey.... but really they just keep following you from room to room getting louder and louder. Then you try to lock yourself in the bathroom and they are on the other side of the door pounding and loudly stating "Let me IN MOM!"
Oh yes... i did that dance today!
Well there were a few calls (like I said).... so i managed to get him settled once again, and this time he did stay settled and I was able to finish. Thankfully!
In the end I was able to get Missa an appointment with another pediatric cardiologist at Boston Children's Hospital :) YEAH!!!! I'm so glad that part is done.... I have felt like the days keep going by with nothing... no progress...But now it's set and they are helping us out and getting all the info in place from the other Dr. we saw... so when we get there we are ready to go. Of course this means another day of EKG's and all that good stuff for B. I'm praying she is just as good as the first time and we get it all done with no issues. I have faith in her. She is a crazy little Missa.... But she is one good little patient! The best part... the appointment is for next Friday!!!! WooHoo... that's awesome. I thought I would have to wait weeks before getting her in. So hopefully after that we will have a better idea/understanding of what comes next.
After picking up the girls from school, it was like meltdown city. Boots were flying out of my car (No, not while driving down the road) ;) Thankfully!! Nope, it was in the garage. So & so didn't want to carry boots in the house... So & so didn't want to carry boots for someone else... oh "jeeze loise"! COME ON! The next thing I know... those same boots are flying out of my garage into the drive way and front yard. Then certain little people didn't want to put "said boots" away.... and then another pair..... OH MAN! That's it... I've had enough....foot goes down! Early bedtime, no questions asked! Well..... at least I was wishing no questions would be asked. HA!
Well... we managed to get homework done, study spelling words, have a good dinner and get showered. The ones who had to go to bed early, actually did so fairly easily (Did a miracle just happen??) Who knows.... I'm just glad it happened in somewhat of an orderly fashion ;) The rest went to bed a bit later and then it was quiet.
So there ya have it... some ups and some downs.... all in all we made it through and the best part is, we got that Appointment :) So thankful!
~Crazy kids... Don't you know that I love you~

Gotta love days like this! They always seem to happen when you have to be somewhere on time! And yes, I do the phone "dance" all the time. It seems like they have this uncanny ability to know exactly when you need a moment, and that's when they HAVE to have your attention! I'm glad that you were able to get an appointment so quickly for Bryn. I hope it results in good news!
ReplyDelete