I have had a lot of "wandering thoughts" lately. So I figure why not share a few different updates with you in this post. We can wander around this past week and see whats been going on. ;)
Well Missa decided about a week ago that she was no longer going to sleep in a crib. YEP...... she made the rounds to the big kids kissing them goodnight. (Which by the way is the CUTEST thing.... she grabs their face in her hands, pulls them into her and kisses their forehead) Then we walked upstairs to the girls room and I tucked her in. She laid right down like she normally does. When i got downstairs, she began whining a bit, but she sometimes does a little and then falls asleep. No biggie....
Well, the next thing I hear is the bigger kids saying "Ummmmmmm.... MOM, why is B walking down the stairs?!?!?" Oh boy....I brought her back up, put her in her crib and shut the door, leaving it open just enough to peak inside and watch. First the bear goes over, then the blankie, then she throws one little leg up and then the other and throws her body over and boom.. DOWN! I put her back in and left, leaving the door cracked again. Only this time I ran down stairs as fast as I could grabbed Daddy and made him come witness. Little bugger! Honestly I have to say I'm actually surprised it took her this long to figure it out. The only thing I had going for me, is the fact that she is so short ;) Apparently her upper body strength outweighed the short stature in this deal! She must have climbed out At LEAST 25 times that night before Finally giving in and going to sleep. The next day I waisted no time... took that crib down and broke out the toddler bed. This has been an interesting week of naps & bedtime. We have had our share of tough days.... but I have to say, we have had some really easy ones too. She just wants to get out and run around the room. The baby gate on the door at least keeps her in the room.... however she has managed to re-arrange her dresser drawers, jump on the bottom bunk, turn lights on and off.... and many more. She is getting used to it though, not getting into as much and going to sleep easier and easier. ;) I am finding it a little sad that for the first time in 6 1/2 years we do not have a crib set up in our house **tear**
In another thought...... maybe we won't have diapers in this house much longer either. She has been doing really good with the potty for awhile. (when we are home anyway) We do the naked from the waist down at home deal. She does awesome, goes right to her potty whenever she needs to go. Up until today though, she hasn't done good with underwear. I figured we would give it another shot today. I had saved a couple pairs of the girls smaller ones just to use for "training" with B. So I got some out and put them on her. She totally amazed me! Kept them on for one! She would go potty & pull them up & down. At dinner she even said "OH, mumma, go pee....." I got her out of her chair and we went to the bathroom and she didn't get a drop in the undies!!! She made it! I was totally impressed that she felt she had to go, and thought to tell me and make in there on time. BIG GIRL! I won't be sad when the diapers are gone. OK, maybe just a little.... but I have been changing diapers for 6 1/2 years... straight! Underwear are definitely cheaper!
We finally got some snow! For the first time since Halloween! (other than a few flakes here and there...) WOOHOOO.... I have been wanting snow, so I am happy. Just in time for my birthday, looks like I got my wish ;) Yes, I had a birthday yesterday (the 11th) It's great to be 29 again! Ah, ok, I'm not really 29 again... yesterday I turned 31. It's not too bad really, just a number I guess....right? I had a good birthday over all. I am so blessed to live so close to my best friend, and she invited me over for a coffee/play date. The big girls had school, so I dropped them off (and I must say we had a very cooperative morning, and everyone was so well behaved)...Then after dropping them off the littles and I went over to "Aunties" house. It was nice to relax with her while they played with her little guy & her niece who was there. We left around nap time and B actually fell asleep in the car and I was able to transfer her into her bed without her waking up (she was apparently pooped) she slept great and K had some quiet movie time (he was tired from playing too)... I spoiled myself by grabbing a panini from a local drive-thru sandwich shop on the way home, and I enjoyed it in peace and quiet!
Daddy surprised me (well all of us really) with some sweat treats for after dinner... I got my own personal red velvet cake... it is good... Im still working on finishing it! ;)
over all I'd say we have had a good week... I am also becoming more and more addicted to "Pinterest" and finding SO many great ideas!
This site is great! My husband may soon think otherwise though (hahaha). I have him on the hunt for an old rake right now.... who knows whats next!?!?!
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful day and the cake would be yummy! I turned 32 last year but I swear I feel like I should still be in my 20's...I wish! But you're right, it is just a number:)
And way to go Bryn with the potty training! I remember when my daughter got out of diapers I was so excited and then realize I had no more babies :( But it is so much cheaper and easier!
I hope all continues to go well with the toddler bed and potty training - such a big girl :)
(I'm following your Pinterest now. I LOVE Pinterest...way too much fun :)
Who has the drive thru sandwich shop?!
ReplyDeleteIt was the Short Stop ;) take a tad longer when you want a sandwich, but i wasn't bringing the kids in ;)
Delete